Can I afford a Catholic education for my child?
A Catholic education is an investment that pays dividends for years and years. St. Theresa’s Catholic School does its best to keep costs down. Your tuition and fees cover about 85% of what it costs to educate your child at STCS. The remaining 15% is achieved through a very generous subsidy from our Parish and fundraising efforts throughout the school year. Thanks to amazing parental and community support, we are able to provide high-quality programs and services to our students while keeping our tuition reasonable. You will find that our tuition rates and fees are very competitive compared to other private schools in the area. Financial aid is available based on need.

What are some of the key logistics to know about St. Theresa’s Catholic School?

  • St. Theresa’s Catholic School offers two classes per grade. Pre-Kindergarten class size is 20 students. Kindergarten through 8th grade class size is 22-24 students. In addition to a certified lead teacher, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade classes have a teacher’s aide.
  • The overall student to faculty ratio is 8:1.
  • The Pre-Kindergarten program operates from 7:55 am to 3:10 pm (Monday), 7:55 am to 3:30 pm (Tuesday – Friday).  Parents do have a 1:00 pm pick-up option (tuition pricing is the same for the 1:00 pm option).
  • Kindergarten through 8th grade school hours are from 7:55 am to 3:10 pm (Monday), 7:55 am to 3:30 pm (Tuesday – Friday).
  • Before school supervision is available starting at 7:25 am at no additional charge to families.
  • Extended School Care is offered on a monthly or drop-in basis until 5:45 pm.
  • Uniforms are required for all students every day. A dress uniform is required for all students on days when Mass is celebrated.

How is religion integrated into the curriculum?
As a parochial school, St. Theresa’s Catholic School is part of the faith community of St. Theresa Catholic Church. Religion is formally taught every day, and Catholic values are integrated into all subjects. Additionally, students attend and actively participate in weekly Mass.

How are students disciplined?
St. Theresa’s strives to create an atmosphere of Christian charity and respect for all students and faculty, relying upon positive reinforcement to help students grow in self-discipline and personal responsibility. Our discipline policies vary by grade and help students develop a great self-image.

What is the school’s uniform policy?
Uniforms are required for all students in Pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade with a special dress uniform required on days when Mass is celebrated. Our uniform policy minimizes distractions in the classroom and discourages students from judging their peers based on outward appearance.

What is St. Theresa’s approach toward learning?
At St. Theresa’s, we believe a kind, supportive environment is most conducive to academic excellence, not an overly strict or rigorous one. We strive to make the learning experience enjoyable, not stressful, in order to instill a lifelong love of learning within our students. This approach has proven to be very beneficial for our students: many have gone on to place in the top 10% of their high school class with several being class valedictorian.